Resources & ToolsHere are links to some of my favorite resources and tools
Upgrades to paid versions of some of the freebies are always good but I would use whatever free tools you can at first to keep costs low. I am still using some free versions that suit my needs just fine. These are not affiliate links just stuff I like. Although I am a Quickbooks ProAdvsor!
Stuff You Must Have!
- Last Pass – You are going to most likely be dealing with remembering lots of logins!
- Google Calendar w/ an appointment plugin like Calendly
- DropBox / Google Drive
- Something to keep track of revenue & expenses – you can use the excel sheet I created until you start taking off and there are free programs like Wave ( which I don’t personally like ) and ZipBooks or paid services like FreshBooks & Quickbooks
- Toggle or Top Tracker– a time tracker for billing if you don’t have it in your accounting software
- Slack / Twist / Monday – something to collaborate with
- Social Media – Hootsuite/Buffer – I like RecurPost because you can make content libraries and recycle posts
- MailChimp/ MailerLite – or any of the paid ones like ActiveCampaign or AWeber or GetResponse
- Canva – for creating social media images – and TONS of other stuff. They are easy to use and the free version is enough to get you started.
- Zoom or another video conference
- Free Conference Call – or another free dial in # to share when needed